How to Measure Foam Cushions For Your Sofa
Want to Measure Foam Cushions? Follow our easy step by step guide:
• If possible it is always best to measure sizes from your existing covers, measuring old foam is not always accurate as foam can become misshaped over time
• Measure your covers from corner to corner along the seams, pulling the cover taut to ensure you get a good fit. It is always best to measure both the front and back of each cover as some cushions can vary in width front to back
• Again when measuring the depth of a cushion it should be done seam to seam, if you have a piped edge cover measure between the piping. You should order foam to the size of the cover border width and then add Dacron and stockinette to get the best fit for your cushion.
• You should never measure across the middle of a cushion as it may have a domed top which will affect your overall measurements.
• Please select the appropriate product shape from our list and enter your dimension as per the measuring process above.
Please Note: Whilst we advise that you measure from seam to seam, if the loft of your cushion goes over the seams significantly, you may need to add additional depth for a fuller fit. Whilst Dacron will add loft to your cushion (1cm top, 1cm bottom approx), it may not be sufficient if the depth significantly rises past the seams. If your current cushion has a domed shape (e.g. not shaped like the Sofa Cushion Foam templates we offer), please contact us to discuss your requirements.
If you can’t find what you are looking for please do not hesitate to give us a call and we will be happy to help.
Want To Buy Foam Cut To Size?
Call Our Foam Specialists Today: 01494 44 11 77
Why Choose GB Foam For Your Foam Cut To Size?
Our factory is equipped with the latest CNC cutting technology and throughout the years we have employed the most talented freehand foam cutters in the industry. Many members of the team have worked for the company for several decades and their attention to detail and quality control is something that only comes with years of knowledge and experience.
We have many customers who started with us in 1976 and are still working with us today, which we like to think reflects on our vision to be the most dynamic foam converter in our industry. For us no job is too big or too small. We offer the same level of service and delivery whether you are a retail customer ordering one piece of foam from home, or a large manufacturer ordering daily.
40 Years In BUsiness
GB Foam have been offering foam cut to size from our factory since 1976.
Hand Made In The UK
We employ the most talented freehand foam cutters in the industry.
ISO 9001 Quality
Our team work to the ISO 9001 quality standards to guarantee only the best
Super Fast Delivery
All orders placed before 11:00am will be despatched for next working day delivery
5 Year Guarantee
Our foam comes with a 5 year guarantee against faults in manufacture.
Our entire range of foam exceed UK safety and flammability standards.